HECMA Mentorship Program
The intention of the HECMA Mentorship Program is to increase opportunities for new HECMA members to feel supported in their Case Manager position as they develop or maintain the Case Manager role at their institution. HECMA members who choose to participate in the program will be paired with a mentor who has at least one year of experience as a Higher Education Case Manager. These pairs will work
together in a personalized manner throughout the course of one academic year.
We encourage you to schedule a time to share some time with your mentor/mentee during the Roundtable.
Mentorship Program Information and Guidelines
- Both mentors and mentees must be HECMA members.
- Mentors should have at least one year of experience as a Higher Education Case Manager.
- Mentees will be paired with a mentor for support and consultation for one academic year.
- Mentorship pairs are encouraged to develop a specific emphasis area to focus on throughout the year.
- We ask that Mentorship pairs commit to at least one phone or video call per semester at a minimum and also communicate through email or other means as needed throughout the year. We recommend an initial call before the academic year starts to talk about needs, set goals, and talk about hopes for the mentorship relationship. If both members are attending the Roundtable, we encourage you to have this initial meeting in person.
- The Case Managers at Large may also offer conference calls, email support, and other resources for all participants in the mentoring program surrounding topics of interest for the group or as needs arise.