Leadership Team Elections
Executive Board/ Leadership Team members serve a two year team. Per the HECMA Constitution and By-Laws, the terms of Leadership Team members are served on a rotational election cycle. This allows for consistency and fluidity as well as fresh ideas as we implement initiatives to enhance the Higher Education Case Management profession and our association.
Members of the Leadership Team must be in good standing as defined by the HECMA Constitution and must have been active members of HECMA for at least one full year prior to their election into office. Exception to this is the President, who must have served on Leadership for two years.
Positions that will be open for this election cycle to serve a term from 2018-2020 include:
● Clinical Case Manager at Large
● Director of Membership & Recruitment
● Director of Communications & Marketing
● Director of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
A complete listing of Leadership Team position descriptions can be found in the Constitutions & By Laws.
Still not sure a Leadership Role is right for you? Our LT members commit to oversee their areas of our association to the best of their ability, remaining engaged and active in helping move HECMA forward in its endeavors. This averages to 5-10 hours monthly. However, monthly time commitment could increase during peak times for various Director roles; and the President may have more time per monthly on a regular basis due to the nature of that role and it’s association Public Information Officer aspects.
Leadership Team members:
Leadership Team members:
- attend a planning meeting at the Annual Roundtable. this year: June 17, 2018 & a brief wrap-up on June 21 at 12:30]
- participate in monthly conference calls as a Team.
- host calls monthly or more often with their committees or task groups.
- provide support to the strategic initiatives established by the LT and keep fellow LT members updated on progress.
- complete an annual report on their projects, accomplishments, challenges and aspirations, due by end of May.
- compensation includes some costs associated with the Leadership Team transition meeting (typically meals x 2); and an additional discount on registration fees for the annual Roundtable
HECMA Election Process
● FEBRUARY: Announcement of elections;. Candidates submit their interest application with a statement of interest, brief biography; their cv/resume for posting, and a head-shot photo for web posting.
● MARCH: Candidate Information will be posted on the HECMA website for member review and voting
● APRIL: Announcement of new leadership team members via website and listserv
● JUNE: New & Outgoing LT members attend a Leadership Meeting the day prior the Annual Roundtable (June 17, 2018).
Candidate Profiles Coming Soon